Good oral health can be extremely critical to the body's overall health. We work together with dentists and their patients to solve dental problems using customized medications. When patients depend on compounds as part of their therapies, have confidence knowing that ScriptWorks will provide the most consistency, quality, value and customer care that you can find.
Most medications for oral care are manufactured in a limited number of strength and dosage forms due to stability concerns, and the cost of stocking numerous forms of each drug. Using pharmaceutical grade chemicals and specialized equipment not found in most pharmacies, we can compound medications in dosage forms that are not commercially available. We want to optimize the care of every patient. Just let us know what you need!
Benefits of Dental Compounds
- Medications not commercially available
- Discontinued or out-of-stock medications
- Combinations (topical, oral, etc.)
- Sugar-free, dye-free, or preservative-free
- Dosage forms in other sizes, strengths, or flavors
- Novel compounds for special needs (give one of our experts a call and we can find solutions that will benefit patients as well as dentists)
Examples of Dental Compounds
- Mouth rinse for oral ulcerations containing various medications
- Transdermal preparations for TMJ containing anti-inflammatories or pain medication
- Cosmetic formulations such as teeth-bleaching gels or mouthwashes
- Medications for intraoral infections such as periodontal disease and candidiasis
- Electrolyte troches for dry mouth
- Lip balms for viral lesions
- Topical anesthetics
- Antibacterial rinses
- Lollipops for oral thrush
- Mouth rinses for aphthous ulcers or chemotherapy-induced stomatitis
- Lozenges that help prevent gagging
Perio Protect®ScriptWorks is the only Perio Protect® Certified Pharmacy in northern California. Perio Protect® has been a leader in minimally invasive dentistry with a new method that offers people the most gentle, yet effective way possible to fight the bacteria that cause gum disease. Thousands of dentists have attended Perio Protect® seminars to learn this new approach and the end result is... patients win.
ScriptWorks works with dentists to provide the solutions needed for the Perio Protect Method™.
The comprehensive method is customized for individual patients to help manage biofilms, (communities of bacteria) growing in the spaces or pockets between teeth and gum tissue. The overall goal of the method is to manage oral biofilm with minimally invasive dentistry for lasting oral health.
Contact ScriptWorks if you or your patient could benefit from the Perio Protect Method™.